Podcast 009: The Benefits of Exercising Before, During and After Cancer Treatment
In this informative and practical podcast, Jen Woodhouse, Senior Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Clinic Director at HFRC, explains how a tailored exercise program can benefit people with cancer before, during and after their chemotherapy or radiation treatment or surgery.
As an adjunct treatment, alongside other cancer treatments, the benefits of exercise include:
- Reducing fatigue and nausea
- Reducing body weight
- Improving dosage tolerance
- Reducing risk of tumour recurrence
- Improving completion rates of treatment
- Improving low red blood cell counts
- Reducing side affects of treatment
For more information on how a tailored exercise program can improve your cancer treatment, please contact Jen Woodhouse at HFRC on 08 9386 9961.